- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar (half brown, half white)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips/chocolate chips/toffee chips/whatever is lying around (I used these, these, and these)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar by hand or with an electric mixer. Add in eggs one at a time until incorporated. Stir in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture in 2 additions, then add your chocolate/butterscotch chips and stir until batter is smooth. Spread evenly into your prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown (A slightly longer baking time will produce a slightly more cakelike cookie). A tester should come out clean, if you use one.
Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then lift out onto a rack for further cooling. Cut bars as desired.