- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and beat until you have a smooth dough.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch (2.54 cm) round balls.
- Coating: In a large shallow bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the balls of dough in the cinnamon sugar and place on the prepared pan, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Then, using the bottom of a glass, gently flatten each cookie to about 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) thick.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 - 10 minutes, or until they are light golden brown around the edges.